Augie Huber has 40 years of experience in the construction industry. Since assuming the position of CEO of A.L. Huber General Contractor in the early 1980s, Augie has been responsible for executive management of the firm as well as project procurement and management.
In addition to his role in the family-owned business, Augie taught Civil Engineering at the University of Missouri-Columbia for six years. He also taught architectural engineering at the University of Kansas for six years, five of those in parallel with his MU assignment.
Augie’s deep community relationships have been an important part of A.L. Huber’s success. Supporting the community has been, and continues to be, a core value that Augie takes to heart and stresses to all on the ALH staff. In addition to their family foundation, the Huber family generously supports a variety of Kansas City’s philanthropic organizations.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering/Construction Management,
- University of Missouri-Columbia, 1978
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Kansas-Lawrence, 1969
- Kansas City, Missouri Building & Fire Codes Board of Appeals (Chairman/Board of Directors)
- Notre Dame de Sion Schools (former Chair, current member Board of Trustees)
- Associated General Contractors of America (Incoming President, Board of Directors)
- Starlight Theatre of Kansas City (Board of Directors, Chairman of Facilities Committee)
- Builder’s Association of Kansas City (former Board of Directors)
- Greater Kansas City Laborers’ Pension Fund ( former Trustee)
- Engineer’s Club of Kansas City
- Central City School Fund (Board of Directors)
- Historic Kansas City Foundation (former Board Member)
- Friends of Art
- Arts Council of Johnson County
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- A.L. Huber General Contractor, 2004-present Chief Executive Officer
- A.L. Huber General Contractor, 1980-2004 President & Chief Executive Officer
- A.L. Huber General Contractor, 1971-80, Project Manager
- W.W. Wheeler & Associates, 1970-71, Civil Engineer (water resources projects)
- Howard, Needles, Tammen & Bergendoff (HNTB), 1969-70, Civil Engineer